Lagos, Nigeria: A New Look







The Governor of Lagos has really put in major work for the city to look like this. On my trip last summer, I heard too many tragic stories about fatal accidents involving the "okada" or motorcycle drivers that give people lifts to their destinations. None of them ever wore helmets, and now the governor is enforcing it.

Besides that, look at the landscape. Manicured lawns everywhere. Word is he's letting prisoners work to help clean the streets up to speed up their time. And what about transportation? The chartered buses look comfortable, opposed to the ones that I saw when I was there last summer. They were ragged and very uncomfortable looking. Now these buses are equipped with A/C and comfortable seats.

I commend the governor on his good work. He really cares about Lagos, and it really shows.

Click the link for more pictures.

http://www.newsrescue.com/2009/05/a-new-lagos-nigeria/

0 comments: